Janelise Favre specialises in corporate law and healthcare & life sciences.
Janelise is a Geneva-based attorney specialising in corporate law and healthcare & life sciences. She is a member of the Geneva Bar.
She negotiates and drafts contracts for research, clinical trials and technology transfer in the life sciences field. Janelise is passionate about new technologies, intellectual property and the protection and dissemination of scientific works. She is also active in domestic and cross-border corporate and commercial transactions, including M&A, venture capital and private equity.
Janelise advises and assists private and public hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, researchers, International and Swiss investors, start-ups as well as research and academic centers.
Janelise holds degrees from the Universities of Fribourg and Paris-II (Assas).
She practices in French and English.
- Healthcare & life sciences
- Technology transactions
- Corporate law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Closing a deal with a pharmaceutical company with respect to a clinical study agreement regarding a potential vaccine against SARS-CoV-2 on behalf of a Swiss public hospital.
- Representing a Swiss public hospital in the negotiation with regulatory authorities for a clinical study protocol relating to the efficacy of early hydroxychloroquine in outpatients to reduce household transmission of SARS-CoV-2.
- Advising a Swiss medical teaching company specialized in e-learning in its negotiation with scientific societies regarding the organization and broadcasting of e-congresses and e-courses which substitute cancelled congresses and courses due to the COVID pandemic.
- Advising a Swiss public hospital regarding the implementation of proceedings relating to the protection of the data of patients, employees and web users.
- Drafting a cooperation project agreement between a pharmaceutical company, a hospital, a university and a polytechnic school. This involved high-level negotiations on the ownership of the results of this research.
- De la nécessité d’une personnalité « virtuelle » pour l’IA, entretien avec Janelise Favre et Lezgin Polater (AGEFI du 11.03.2020)
- Le B.A-BA du droit d’auteur pour l’enseignant et le chercheur, capsule vidéo réalisée par l’Université de Lausanne (2019)
- Increase the visibility and impact of a scientific publication by mastering copyright (with T Germond – Swiss National Science Foundation, August 2018)
- Janelise Favre & Sandro Vecchio – Le Temps (Switzerland), 21 May 2015 – Imposition des successions : Kafka n’aurait pas fait mieux
- Janelise Favre, Entreprise Romande, May 2015 – Entreprises familiales : comment organiser une gouvernance simple et efficace
- Janelise Favre, Journal des arts et métiers, June 2015 – Transmission d’entreprise : pour ceux qui ont tardé!
- Swiss Bar Association
- Geneva Bar Association