Guillaume specialises in international arbitration, cross-border disputes and international contracts.
Guillaume has acted in more than sixty arbitration proceedings under various Arbitration Rules & Laws (ICC, ICSID, Swiss Rules, PCA, NAI, Court of Arbitration for Sport, etc.) and in matters including transnational sales contracts, post-acquisition disputes, construction projects, aviation and energy.
He also advises clients on international contracts, with a focus on sales and art law.
Guillaume is an Avocat à la Cour and registered to practice in Paris and Geneva. He holds a postgraduate degree in international law from the University Paris II (2001), a DEJA in English & American law (1999), and an LL.M. from the University of Essex (2000).
Prior to joining Archipel, Guillaume practiced within the arbitration teams of international firms in Paris and Geneva. He was also Legal Counsel at the Permanent Court of Arbitration in The Hague (2005-2008).
Guillaume practices in French and English.
- International arbitration
- Cross-border disputes
- International contracts
- Representing a European company in a Swiss Rules arbitration relating to a Telecom contract
- Acting as sole arbitrator under the accelerated procedure of the Swiss Arbitration Rules in a Geneva-based arbitration concerning a distribution contract
- Advising a client in relation to the international sale of a major work of art
- Assisting an African IT company in settlement negotiations with a blue-chip company
- Acting for a European company in enforcement of foreign arbitral awards and recovery of assets in Switzerland
- International legal practice in Switzerland (Geneva, 2018)
- Price revision arbitration under LCIA & Swiss Rules (Geneva, 2017)
- Iura novit curia (Florence, October 2016)
- Third Party Funding & Enforcement (Geneva, 2015)
- International sanctions in Cuba after the Embargo (Paris, 2015)
- L’extension des clauses d’arbitrages dans les groupes de sociétés (Santo Domingo, 2015)
- A Matter of Balance: Confidentiality of Settlement Discussions vs. Effective Dispute Resolution (Juriste UIA, 2017-2)
- Les systèmes ad-hoc de financement de l’arbitrage, JDI (Clunet) 2017-1
- Advocacy in International Commercial Arbitration (Elliott Geisinger, Guillaume Tattevin (eds), ASA Special Series, Londres, 2013)
- International Bar Association
- Geneva Bar (member of the Arbitration/ADR Commission)
- Foreign Lawyers’ Section of the Geneva Bar (President)
- Swiss Arbitration Association
- Swiss Art Law Association