Guillaume exerce en matière de contrats internationaux, d’arbitrage et de contentieux international.
Guillaume has acted in more than seventy arbitration proceedings under various Arbitration Rules & Laws (ICC, ICSID, Swiss Rules, PCA, NAI, Court of Arbitration for Sport, etc.) and in matters including transnational sales contracts, post-acquisition disputes, construction projects, aviation and energy.
He also advises clients on international contracts, with a focus on international sales and art law.
Guillaume is an Avocat à la Cour registered to practice in Paris and Geneva. He holds a postgraduate degree in international law from the University Paris II (2001), a DEJA in English & American law (1999), and an LL.M. from the University of Essex (2000).
Il a exercé au sein des groupes arbitrages de cabinets internationaux à Paris et Genève et il est ancien Conseiller juridique à la Cour permanente d’arbitrage de La Haye.
Il travaille en français et anglais.
- Arbitrage international
- Contentieux international
- Contrats internationaux
- Representing a European company in a Swiss law arbitration relating to an Oil & Gas dispute in the Gulf region
- Representing a North African IT company in an ICC arbitration in relation to a joint-venture project
- Leading Swiss recovery of assets following a USD multi-billion fraud involving cross-jurisdiction recovery
- Acting for a German company in enforcement of foreign arbitral awards and recovery of assets in Switzerland
- Arbitrator in a dispute under the Sales Convention relating to the Middle East operations of several EMEA-based companies
- Advising a Shanghai-based company in a sales-related cross border dispute
- Advising a European chemical company in negotiations of long term supply agreements under Swiss law, including take or pay, revision triggers, FM/fundamental change of circumstances
- Legal expert on Swiss law of contracts in a USD 800 million case before the English High Court
Publications & Conferences
- Arbitration & ADR in Art-related Disputes, (Speaker, The Hague, 2019)
- The New ICC Notes to Parties on the Conduct of the Arbitration (Speaker, Geneva, 2019)
- A Matter of Balance: Confidentiality of Settlement Discussions vs. Effective Dispute Resolution (Juriste UIA, 2017-2)
- Les systèmes ad-hoc de financement de l’arbitrage, JDI (Clunet) 2017-1
- Advocacy in International Commercial Arbitration (Elliott Geisinger, Guillaume Tattevin (eds), ASA Special Series, Londres, 2013)
- International legal practice in Switzerland (Geneva, 2018)
- Price revision arbitration under LCIA & Swiss Rules (Geneva, 2017)
- Iura novit curia (Florence, October 2016)
- Third Party Funding & Enforcement (Geneva, 2015)
- International sanctions in Cuba after the Embargo (Paris, 2015)
- L’extension des clauses d’arbitrages dans les groupes de sociétés (Santo Domingo, 2015)
- International Bar Association
- Ordre des avocats de Genève
- Association suisse d’arbitrage (ASA)
- Fondation suisse pour le droit de l’art