Emmanuel Kaspereit’s practice focuses on International Litigation.
Emmanuel Kaspereit advises clients on international litigation, including cross-border proceedings, enforcement, interim measures and international asset tracing.
He has considerable experience in enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitral awards, especially against sovereign states and in fraud matters. He advises French and international clients on defining and carrying out strategies for recovery of assets.
Emmanuel graduated in Business Law from University Paris-II Panthéon Assas and holds a Master in European Business Law from the same university. He holds an LLM from the University of Edinburgh.
Emmanuel practices in French, English and Spanish.
- Enforcement of foreign judgements & awards
- International litigation
- Asset tracing & recovery
- Evidentiary proceedings
- Interim measures
- OHADA law
- Advising a trading company in assets recovery in Europe and offshore jurisdictions
- Advising a Middle East company in enforcing an OHADA award and defending it against a challenge
- Enforcing an arbitral award against the French assets of an Asian state
- Advising a European company in enforcing a Worldwide Freezing Order in France
- Advising an African company in recovering its debt against an African state
- Representing an African company before the OHADA court in a fraud case
- Defending a French-British investor against fraudulent claims by an African state
- Representing a luxury Middle East company in enforcing an award in France
- Asset Recovery International (Knect 365, Dublin, March 2019)
- Is Sports Arbitration in Turmoil Following the Seraing and Mutu & Peichtein rulings? (AIJA conference Is the Arbitrator a Good Referee?, Paris, Dec. 2018)
- Commercial liability deriving from private corruption (AIJA, Recife, March 2018)
- Recovery of Arbitral Awards (ICC Mena Conference, Dubai, Apr. 2017)
- Exécution des sentences contre les parties africaines (Institut Afrique Monde, Paris, Sept. 2016)
- Immunités contre l’exécution (UIA, Dakar, Apr. 2015)
- International Bar Association
- International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA) – Vice President of the Election Committee