Guillaume specialises in international arbitration, cross-border disputes and international contracts.
Guillaume has acted in more than seventy arbitration proceedings under various Arbitration Rules & Laws (ICC, ICSID, Swiss Rules, PCA, NAI, Court of Arbitration for Sport, etc.) and in matters including transnational sales contracts, post-acquisition disputes, construction projects, aviation and energy.
He also advises clients on international contracts, with a focus on international sales and art law.
Guillaume is an Avocat à la Cour registered to practice in Paris and Geneva. He holds a postgraduate degree in international law from the University Paris II (2001), a DEJA in English & American law (1999), and an LL.M. from the University of Essex (2000).
Prior to joining Archipel, Guillaume practiced within the arbitration teams of international firms in Paris and Geneva. He was also Legal Counsel at the Permanent Court of Arbitration in The Hague (2005-2008).
Guillaume practices in French and English.
- International arbitration
- Cross-border disputes
- International contracts
- Representing a European company in a Swiss law arbitration relating to an Oil & Gas dispute in the Gulf region
- Representing a North African IT company in an ICC arbitration in relation to a joint-venture project
- Leading Swiss recovery of assets following a USD multi-billion fraud involving cross-jurisdiction recovery
- Acting for a German company in enforcement of foreign arbitral awards and recovery of assets in Switzerland
- Arbitrator in a dispute under the Sales Convention relating to the Middle East operations of several EMEA-based companies
- Advising a Shanghai-based company in a sales-related cross border dispute
- Advising a European chemical company in negotiations of long term supply agreements under Swiss law, including take or pay, revision triggers, FM/fundamental change of circumstances
- Legal expert on Swiss law of contracts in a USD 800 million case before the English High Court
Publications & Conferences
- Arbitration & ADR in Art-related Disputes, (Speaker, The Hague, 2019)
- The New ICC Notes to Parties on the Conduct of the Arbitration (Speaker, Geneva, 2019)
- A Matter of Balance: Confidentiality of Settlement Discussions vs. Effective Dispute Resolution (Juriste UIA, 2017-2)
- Les systèmes ad-hoc de financement de l’arbitrage, JDI (Clunet) 2017-1
- Advocacy in International Commercial Arbitration (Elliott Geisinger, Guillaume Tattevin (eds), ASA Special Series, Londres, 2013)
- International legal practice in Switzerland (Geneva, 2018)
- Price revision arbitration under LCIA & Swiss Rules (Geneva, 2017)
- Iura novit curia (Florence, October 2016)
- Third Party Funding & Enforcement (Geneva, 2015)
- International sanctions in Cuba after the Embargo (Paris, 2015)
- L’extension des clauses d’arbitrages dans les groupes de sociétés (Santo Domingo, 2015)
- International Bar Association
- Geneva Bar Association
- Swiss Arbitration Association
- Swiss Art Law Association